Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D and iPad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
smattox
2552 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D and iPad

My company is purchasing iPads and using them in the field.  I would like to be able to have AutoCAD WS be able to tie into the GPS system so we would be able to use this to get us in the right area of a drawing very quickly.

I would also like to be able to have Civil output a PDF that contains the location data of everything in the drawing.  Similar to the functionality of the GeoPDF or GeoMark toolbar that is used for USGS quad maps.  I think this could be good for client demonstrations as well as marking up plans when field checking.

This may already be available, and we would need a PDF viewer for the iPad that could read the location data, but maybe a different file type could be used and AutoCAD could sell the app.

Since I am throwing out wishes, I would  like to have a drafting table sized touch screen that runs a full fledged Civil 3D program with touch and voice commands.

Let's make this a reality.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
iris.shoor
in reply to: smattox

. Many of WS users are using Civil 3D. they are looking into coordinate systems and GPS integration.

If you have more suggestions / ideas, you should write to feedback@autocadws.com

Thanks,

Iris Shoor

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 3 of 3
surveycadtech
in reply to: smattox

I too would be interested in a full version of Civil 3d on a touch screen computer/laptop/tablet. I use WS on my iPhone to show drawings to field crews and clients. but a fully multitouch version would be awesome. i could see productivity up and this would be a great marketing tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report