AutoCAD Civil 3D Wishes

Juha1234
Message 1 of 6 (478 Views)

Automatic corridor surface boundary option

478 Views, 5 Replies
10-05-2012 12:05 PM

Hi,

Could somebody tell me why these corridor boundaries are needed? I know no case where the corridor surface can be allowed to spread outside from the outermost link/feature line. It is really FRUSTATING to delete and clip 3dface lines by manually in the complex corridors that includes a lot of feature lines.

So my wish is that there could be an option to give a corridor surface boundary automatically  that it couldn't spread outside from the outhernmost link/feature line.

I think that this a strong wish of many C3D users!

Could somebody guy from autodesk respond?

*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 2 of 6 (467 Views)

Re: Automatic corridor surface boundary option

10-05-2012 01:04 PM in reply to: Juha1234

I don't usually have the problem you describe.  After I get all my targets sorted out, my corridor surface behaves as expected.  Have you tried the command that creates a boundary from the outer edge of the corridor?  CREATEBOUNDARYFROMCORRIDOR

Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
Juha1234
Message 3 of 6 (451 Views)

10-06-2012 10:32 AM in reply to: LisaPohlmeyer

In some rare cases that command "corridor extent as a boundary" can be used but it doesn't solve the problem when there is corridor surfaces between corridor extent (for example pavement surface in the subassembly that involves also ditches)
Corridor extent as a boundary can be utilized in simple corridors, such as ditches and streams.
This corridor surface boundary issue is really problem in a complex corridors such as in dams and complex roads that contains multiple surface. It requires too much time to clip these surfaces by manually.

But again, why there is no automatic option to set boundary automatically to prevent it spearing outside from the defined outermost feature line/link?

*Expert Elite*
LisaPohlmeyer
Message 4 of 6 (437 Views)

10-08-2012 05:42 AM in reply to: Juha1234

We typically build one corridor for our transportation projects.  This corridor includes culvert crossings, retaining walls, intersections, ditches & berms. We use conditional targeting for our daylight sub-assemblies. Our corridor boundary extraction comes out as expected.  

Lisa Pohlmeyer

C3D 2012 SP4, C3D 2015
Please use "Accept as Solution" if this solved your issue.
Juha1234
Message 5 of 6 (388 Views)

11-26-2012 11:35 AM in reply to: Juha1234
Finally I found the solution for this problem! If there is two points in the subassembly having the same point code, those points can be used for the automatic surface boundary option.
*Expert Elite*
arturopolanco
Message 6 of 6 (374 Views)

11-29-2012 05:59 AM in reply to: Juha1234

May send an example from the case. Attach

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community