Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Sample Lines to existing Section View Groups

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
erik
5137 Views, 5 Replies

Add Sample Lines to existing Section View Groups

I'd like to see Civil 3D allow the addition of new sample lines into existing Section View Groups.  There are work arounds to get new sections plotted, but they all have issues.  I

It doesn't appear that this is possible yet.  If I am please let me know how to do it.

This should be given a high priority.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DougB
in reply to: erik

I totally agree.  Adding extra/critical station sample lines is more the norm than just once-on-a-while occurance. It would be really nice if we could add sample line stationing "after the fact" and then have them added to our current sample line group and sections vs. re-creating that data or applying some work-around or haveing to create something ourselves or...

I've got my fingers crossed for 2012. 

Message 3 of 6
Ronczez
in reply to: erik

Is there anybody in Autodesk, who read users wishes?

Do not waste time with changing logo.

Make your applications more user friendly with users wishes, PLEASE!! 

Message 4 of 6
el_nath
in reply to: Ronczez

Yes there are Autodesk employees that read the Civil 3D wishes. Maybe the wish could phrased as such...

I wish the LAYOUTSECTIONVIEWGROUP command would update the section view group to take into consideration updates to the sample line group. When there are changes to the sample line group (added sample lines), the section view group doesn't reflect these additional sections.

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer
Message 5 of 6
doni49
in reply to: el_nath

@el_nath wrote:

Yes there are Autodesk employees that read the Civil 3D wishes. Maybe the wish could phrased as such...

I wish the LAYOUTSECTIONVIEWGROUP command would update the section view group to take into consideration updates to the sample line group. When there are changes to the sample line group (added sample lines), the section view group doesn't reflect these additional sections.

I would revise that just a little further and ask for the OPTION to have it update existing the existing SectionViewGroup.  Nine out of ten times, I would want to update the existing one.  But ocassionally, I don't want/need to -- meaning I need to see what's happening at some odd station but only temporarily.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 6
el_nath
in reply to: doni49

I concur!

Nathan Selles-Alvarez, P.E.
Senior Civil Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report