AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

Distinguished Contributor
tr4driver
Message 1 of 3 (223 Views)

Using a DWG file as background

223 Views, 2 Replies
09-11-2012 08:18 AM

Greetings,

I'm strying to strat an SSA project from scratch, and I want to use an AutoCAD DWG file with a street map and contours as a background.  When I try to import it into SSA 2013, nothing displays.  Selecting the CAD Layers button does nothing either.

I can import images just fine, but have been unable to get an imported DWG file to display.

Any trick to this or something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Kurt

Contributor
pyroclast
Message 2 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: Using a DWG file as background

10-01-2012 01:45 AM in reply to: tr4driver

Hi,

I also having trouble when importing a dwg as a background, nothing shows up...I have tried different versions of CAD and also dxf, with the same result - nothing...

/Peter

Contributor
pyroclast
Message 3 of 3 (197 Views)

Re: Using a DWG file as background

10-01-2012 02:10 AM in reply to: tr4driver

BTW, for me, it works just as expected in SSA2012...

/Peter

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs