Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange areas of subbasins

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tcorey
270 Views, 2 Replies

Strange areas of subbasins

I am working with some new users and running them through some examples in SSA 2012.

One of the students can draw one subbasin and corrrectly gets .541 acres as an area. She creates another subbasin next to the first and the area comes up as sixteen acres. Looking on the screen, the two subbasins are similar size and when I digitize them on my 2013, both areas are correct, .541 and .488.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim,

I can't replicate the problem you described. I could only think of that situation happening if the first subbasin was digitized based on a background drawing and the second one after removing the background. 

Can the end user replicate the problem repeatedly?

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response.

I can't replicate the problem either (I'm using 2013) but the user definitely can, using 2012.

The subbasins are being digitized over the top of a tif image. She did the first and second subbasins within a minute of each other. Looking on the screen, they are practically the same size, but looking at their properties, one is thirty times larger. Another user is getting the larger subbasin size on all of his subbasins, while yet another student is having no trouble. We are all using the same dataset.

For actual jobs I have recommended they work around this issue by creating parcels in Civil 3D and exporting to LandXML.That is giving them correct results.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report