Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm drain with pressure flow

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ashroads
619 Views, 2 Replies

Storm drain with pressure flow

I'm trying to model a storm drain system and simulate a bolted manhole. Following the documentation, I changed the "Surcharge Elevation" at my node to a value greater than my rim elevation(+100 ft. for giggles). When I run the simulation, the total flooded vol. at the node is zero, but the max flooded overflow is not zero. The HGL shows as being at the top of the node instead of above the node. The "enable overflow ponding at nodes" option is unchecked. Any suggestions on how to disallow overflow at my node? Thanks. SSA 2011 and 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: ashroads

Hi!

It appears that you might be using Kinematic Wave routing, try changing it to Hydrodynamic routing from the Project Options.

Please note that Hydrodynamic routing solves the complete St. Venant equations throughout the drainage network and includes modeling of backwater effects, flow reversals, surcharging, looped connections, pressure flow, tidal outfalls and interconnected ponds. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Matt Haokip

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 3
ashroads
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Thank you Matt - that solved my problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report