Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage > inflow volume = Overflow???

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
341 Views, 6 Replies

Storage > inflow volume = Overflow???

I have 3 subcatchments that generate a total of 3000cf of runoff and a basin that will contain 5000cf below the overflow weir. Yet the model is showing 0.27cfs through the weir. I know the storage curve is correct  and the weir is set at the correct elevation. Any idea as to why the model is not correctly accounting for the available storage?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ccoles
in reply to: Anonymous

Click on 'Time-Series plot' and check the storage node for total volume vs time and depth vs time. If anything else looks wacky, double check the storage node settings, especially the elevations. A mis-typed number here can create wacky results. The WSel should be set to zero for a dry pond.

If you cannot find anything wrong, post the file here for a second look.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I checked the two graphs in time series plots and everthing looks normal except I know the peak depth is wrong. I tried to attach the model but its a *.spf file and this site will not accept that file extention. I don't see why its the only option for the 2012 Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis program. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
ccoles

Zip it and post it. The site allows .zip files.

Windows 7 64-bit
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ccoles

Here's a copy of my model. 

Message 6 of 7
ccoles

Well, unfortunately, your storage curve is NOT correct. The curve is based on DEPTH, not ELEVATION. It adjusts the curve to fit the invert elevation under the 'Physical Properties' tab of the storage node. You can use the same storage curve for multiple nodes if the pond is a standard size and shape. Maybe this link will help you understand it better: Being Civil: Defining Storage Curve Data

PS: I've found this blog to be a wealth of information on Civil 3D. I hope you do, too.

Windows 7 64-bit
Civil 3D 2013
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ccoles

Thanks,

I knew there had to be some input error. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report