Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Elevations for Manholes and Catch Basins

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
GrantT-LS
1672 Views, 3 Replies

Setting Elevations for Manholes and Catch Basins

I have put together a small pipe network and now I need to set design elevations for the structures. When I select a structure and and try to set a design elevation (in Structure Properties) it will not hold that given elevation.
I also have a pipe going into a Manhole that is IN from an inlet and the structure is reading that pipe as OUT, can this be changed or do I need to re-run a new network?
Tim Grant
Civil 3D 2022.1.3
Windows 10 Professional
Intel Core i7-10700 CPU @ 2.9 GHz
16 GB, 64-bit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantT-LS

2nd thing first: There is a Change Flow Direction tool that will allow
you to set the flow direction from Inlet to Manhole.

The ideal item would be to have a surface that contains your finish
grades and use that as the reference for the pipe network. When a pipe
structure can not hold a manually entered Rim elevation, it is typically
because of the structure you selected and the frame/grate heights +
clearance values. You most likely have violated that distance between
the manually entered value and the pipe invert.

There are a few NF, or No Frame structures that help you get around this.

Matthew Anderson, PE

On 5/19/2010 10:36 AM, grantt@ci.billings.mt.us wrote:
> I have put together a small pipe network and now I need to set design elevations for the structures. When I select a structure and and try to set a design elevation (in Structure Properties) it will not hold that given elevation.
> I also have a pipe going into a Manhole that is IN from an inlet and the structure is reading that pipe as OUT, can this be changed or do I need to re-run a new network?
>
Message 3 of 4
GrantT-LS

I have looked for the Change Flow Direction but have not found it.
I also looked for the NF structures and I don't find those in the pars list. I have added my own structures but it seems limited as to what parimitors I can edit.
I did recreate my Design surface and that helped the ability to adjust the rims, however I still have a pipe from an inlet and for the MH structure all show as IN so I disconnected the inlet pipe to gat around it.
Tim Grant
Civil 3D 2022.1.3
Windows 10 Professional
Intel Core i7-10700 CPU @ 2.9 GHz
16 GB, 64-bit
Message 4 of 4
Charlie.Ogden

The "Change Flow Direction" command is visible on the 'Pipe Networks' contextual ribbon - which you see after selecting a Pipe or Structure in the drawing. Then it is on the 'Modify' panel (of this 'Pipe Networks' tab), and you have to hit the down arrow next to 'Modify' to expand the panel.

You may have to explain a little more about where/how you are adding and looking for the NF Structures. You said they are not in your Parts List... if that's the case you'll have to add a Part Family, and they should show up in the Part Catalog dialog box - unless you've changed the Part Catalog you are using, which itself could be the cause.

Charlie Ogden, PE

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report