Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSA 2014 - Background CAD file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1100 Views, 3 Replies

SSA 2014 - Background CAD file

I currently have both 2012 and 2014 installed on my machine.  I am not sure if this is the source of my issue, but I can not get any dwg to load as a background image.  When I locate the dwg I want to use as a background and click ok, nothing shows up.  Any assitance would be appreicated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Anonymous

I am sure you have already tried all of the below but wanted to offer a few suggestions in case they may help:

1. does it show up far away? can you find it when you do a zoom extents in SSA?

2. when you import the CAD drawing, under "CAD LAYERS" in the Layer Manager window, are all the layers turned off?

3. I cannot test this one since I do not have multiple versions anymore, but are you saving the dwg to a higher version and tyring to import that into a lower version of SSA?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Yeah, I checked those items. You are right, though, the most obvious items are generally the ones that work! I ran some additional tests and there may be something with C3D entities that cause the failure. I have been working with SSA for quite some time, and usually the image won't load due to file size (LiDAR usually being the culprit). But lately, with 2014, it seems more random. I have checked write protection issues, etc. and nothing there either. I am perplexed.

Thanks for your response!

Message 4 of 4
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tim,

Please re-install SSA 2014 and open a support request if the issue continues.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report