Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Editing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ahulbertFDC
343 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Network Editing

I am working with a pipe network and I am in need of adjusting inverts and horizontal locations. I want to be able to adjust the horizontal and drop a few inverts but keep the slopes of the pipes and drops through the structures constant. Is there a way to adjust the invert out and have the network downstream adjust automatically? I seem to remember there was a toggle in LDD. Is there a similar toggle I am missing in C3D (Civil 3D 2014).

It appears that there is not from the tutorials I have watched and message boards I have read. It is great that we have freedom and flexibility to design, but it would be nice to have the option to hold a slope, drop, or invert during design and secondarily "force" an alternative.

Thanks for the input in advance!

Alex Hulbert

Civil 3D 2015 SP2
Windows 7 SP1 64bit
Intel Xeon 3.30GHz
RAM 16.0 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

A wishlist item that may not do exactly what you describe above, but that would help with pipe editing: a command similar to the quick elevation edit (for feature lines) that works with pipes and structures.

Message 3 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: ahulbertFDC

Don't take offense at this but your question is related to the workings of Civil 3D and for best available answers they should be in the Autodesk Civil 3D General:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/bd-p/66

This Stormwater section that you have posted in is primarily for the software workings of SSA (Storm and Sanitary Analysis), Hydraflow Hydrographs and Hydraflow Storm Sewers.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report