Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perforated Pipe and Trench

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
telson
3361 Views, 5 Replies

Perforated Pipe and Trench

My company uses alot of perforated pvc pipe in a stone trench, as an underdrain in alot of our projects. As the recent graduate from University I have been tasked with learning SSA and how to model some of our more complex designs. I seem to have a handle on most of the software except for how to model this piece of pipe.

I am just wonder what is the best way to model these in SSA, as they are both storage and inlets.

Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
WalterL
in reply to: telson

You could look at all the pipe as a storage area with multiple horizontal orifices.

Message 3 of 6
ccoles
in reply to: WalterL

How about the case for an 'Enhanced Water Quality Swale', where the stored water needs to infiltrate through an engineered sand filter to an underdrain connected to the rest of a storm drain system. Because of the prescribed infiltration rate (1.5in/hr) of the sand material (30" deep), there is a substantial delay between the time the first drop hits the swale to the time the first drop reaches the underdrain. I've been at a complete loss to figure out how I can get SSA to model this properly.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 4 of 6
kdave
in reply to: ccoles

Was this ever resolved? I am in the same situation. I am trying to model stormwater sanfilter that has sand media and a perforated underdrain pipe beneath it. I have no clue how to model it in SSA. Any suggestions Autodesk?

Thanks,

KD

Message 5 of 6
amit1304in
in reply to: kdave

Perforated trench can be model as underground pipe storage. That can be define in Storage curves

Message 6 of 6
telson
in reply to: amit1304in

This is how I ended up using this, just determine the overall storage available and used it as a storage curve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report