Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Creation - Fixed Slope and Inlet Elev. - Computes outlet

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Iaind867
267 Views, 1 Reply

Network Creation - Fixed Slope and Inlet Elev. - Computes outlet

Hello,

I'm try to find a way to create a storm pipe network starting on the highest (elevation) end. Essentially, I would like each structure to have a 50mm drop between lowest inlet and lowest outlet, each pipe to have a fixed slope (0.5%), and the initial invert start end to be input and fixed.

I have found the pipe rules for max/min grade which I have set both to 0.5%, I have found the settings for structure drop of 0.05m, I have input the start end invert elevation, but when I Apply Rules the pipe invert elevations change to a redundant (negative elevation) number while holding the 0.5% slope. How can I hold the starting invert elevation and slope for this network?

Thanks,

Iain 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wfberry
in reply to: Iaind867

Lain:

Let me start by saying that I am giving you what I think, others may differ.

Here is how I have found the easiest way to handle pipes.  My opinion is that the RULES are basically for giving me a Warning if they are not adhered to. 

1.  I always use an alignment along the centerline of the pipe run so that my pipe can be drawn in a profile that follows the alignment.

2.  I make a Final Grade profile that represents the slope and inverts that I want the pipe to follow.  Labeling the FG profile with a slope label is just so easy to follow.

3.  I then insert the pipes in the plan portion and easily bring my pipes to follow the above prescribed profile.

This may seem like double work, but in the long run it works quite easily.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report