Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing LandXML from StormCad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
castled071049
1018 Views, 2 Replies

Importing LandXML from StormCad

Is anyone getting odd results when importing pipe networks from StormCad v.8 via LandXML? I'm using the stand-alone version for C3D 2008. It always puts the outlet gound elevation at zero. Sometimes it puts the pipe centerline elevations at the rim elevations of the structures. Sometimes it reverses the pipes on their own centerline, causing really weird results.

I have opened every XMLfile with XML Notepad and checked that the data that came out of StormCad is correct. But something in the translation back to C3D 2008 goes haywire. I love C3D, if only I could be more confident of importing pipe data.

Also, as long as I'm whining, anyone come up with a good way to get HGLs into your profiles?

Thanks in advance,
Jerry.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Can you post your XML file to see if we can duplicate it?
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 3
P_Mitch
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

I am having similiar problems using StormCAD V8i and exporting to LandXML.  It appears to create a LandXML 1.2 Schema and when I import the network into Civil3D 2013, the pipes are created in the network near the origin. (see attached photo & LandXML file)  I have looked through the file but can't figure out what is going on.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report