Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import GIS Shape to create subbasin causes error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jrjaks
366 Views, 2 Replies

Import GIS Shape to create subbasin causes error

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I try to import a collection, (30+), of closed polylines to act as sub basins in SSA, they come in fine.  However, if I try to save, or close and reopen the project file, I get an error message, saying the file is damaged.

From C3D, I exported the polylines as shp files, then imported them into SSA.  I can import the pipe networks fine, it seems to be the basin objects, (polylines), that are causing the problem.  Can't find where anyone else has posted this problem.  Also, I just installed SP1 for C3D 2012 a few days ago.  I would have thought that the SP would have  included any known hotfixes.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: jrjaks

I would either suggest opening a Subscription supprot request - or post the SHP file here together with whatever information you have specific to the issue.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 3
jrjaks
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

I managed to make it work by changing what at data attributes I selected when creating the shp file.  I found that if I selected Object Properties, instead of just Properties, then SSA accepted them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report