Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine Hydrographs in SSA

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kdave
1466 Views, 5 Replies

How to combine Hydrographs in SSA

I have created a SSA model for a site that has multiple outfall locations. From SSA, I can figure out the peak discharge at each outfall. However I want to know how I can combine all the hydrographs to see the total peak flow leaving the site rather than adding the peak flows mathematically. Can someone let me know how I can do that?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: kdave

Hi,

I am replying this for the sake of the community who might have the same question.

After performing the analysis, click the Time Series Plot icon. From the Time Series Plot tree, expand the System folder and you can plot/analyze the different variables for the whole system as shown in the screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/EMMehNRh 

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 6
WaltBPE
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

No it does not answer the question.  You can plot and analyze, but not add the hydrographs.

WaltBPE
Message 4 of 6
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: WaltBPE

Walt -

You add hydrographs by connecting links to a node.  The runoff from the two subbasins are added at the second junction.Add.png

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 6
WaltBPE
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Yes, I am doing it that way.  It's a little cumbersome and makes your model look like it has connections that do no exist.  I am using "Direct" links to merge them.  I assume that is the right way to do it?

However, I have to put some information in the background of the link, like a short large pipe with some positive slope or it causes mistakes in the calculation even when set to direct.

In addition, I am not able to connect from 2 direct links into a junction and then out to an outfall as you show without the program generating an error that says the last junction has more than one DIRECT outlet link or DESIGN pump.

WaltBPE
Message 6 of 6
wesley
in reply to: WaltBPE

Having the same issue.  Did you find out how to do this?  It's got to be simple.  Adding hydrographs is a basic need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report