Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flooding Nodes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mvdillman
388 Views, 6 Replies

Flooding Nodes

I have trying to run lift station simulations and my calculation nodes are always flooding. They don't flood in real life so what could be a problem?

Set up is attached.  untitled.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
fcernst
in reply to: mvdillman

Did you attach the file? Maybe we can look at it later.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 7
fcernst

I see your problem. This poor junction never had a chance at a meaningful life with its surcharge elevation set to its invert elevation. Smiley Sad

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 7
mvdillman

You just happened to get a version I saved where I was trying anything and everything to get it fixed.  I always have the surcharge to at least the rim elevation.. Still doesn't work though...

Message 5 of 7
fcernst

I ran it for a little while...

Check that you are using the correct pump curves. That's a big pump. You are trying to stuff a lot of flow up that 3" force main.

jjCapture.JPG

Capture5.JPG

jjj

jjj

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 7
mvdillman

The main is a 12".  I duplicated a lot of the force mains so their properties were the same. Regardless, with a 12" it still floods at the node following the pumps...

Message 7 of 7
fcernst

That file you supplied for us to look at has a 3" force main coming out of Junction 29. Sounds like you are changing things around quite a bit now...?

You may want to do a thorough QC on this model. There may be other links that are suppose to be 12" that are 3" like this, etc. that are choking off flow.

There are other problems with this model. There are many surcharge elevations that are set at or below the junctions invert elevation.

Check the correct pump curves are in place, etc.

A thorough QC is in order.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report