AutoCAD Civil 3D - Stormwater

Contributor
AAristi
Message 1 of 3 (124 Views)

Extra information for connecting pipes

124 Views, 2 Replies
10-06-2011 06:20 AM

I don't know how many of you have to use EXFILTRATION TRENCH on your Storm Networks, but here in Florida we use them a lot.  Which brings me to this question:  Is there a way to add more information to the pipes to be used in the structure labels?

Specifically I need to be able to automatically add a note "W/ PRB" at the end of each connecting pipe - that has Exfiltration Trench around it - on the Structure Label.

So it would look something like this:

STORM MANHOLE #2

RIM EL.: 7.68'

INV. EL.: 2.00' (N) W/ PRB   <--- Not all pipes have to have PRB, so its is something I should be able to edit/change

INV. EL.: 3.12' (E)

B.O.S.: -1.50'

I've thought about using the Description field for this purpose, however we need the description field for a more widely used piece of information.

I tried adding another field to the pipe in the Part Builder, but I could not find anything that will let me add a Text field to the part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: I'm running Civil 3D 2012 on a Windos 7, Quad Core, 64-bit machine.

Valued Mentor
ccoles
Message 2 of 3 (121 Views)

Re: Extra information for connecting pipes

10-06-2011 07:36 AM in reply to: AAristi

You could use one of the optional properties for the pipes for this, or you could create a new optional property.

Here's a link to a nice write-up on optional properties. Note that it requires .xml editing and using Parts Builder.

Windows 7 64-bit
HP Z600 8 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Contributor
AAristi
Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: Extra information for connecting pipes

10-06-2011 09:09 AM in reply to: ccoles

Thank you ccoles for your input, it was Awesome! unfortunately it is still missing an important part.

I was able to create a custom field for the pipes, which got me very excited because I thought that would be it... but what I need now is to be able to use that field under the "Properties" withing the Structure Lable Style's Text Component Editor

ScreenCapture-2011-10-06_120703.jpg 

Do you know if there is another location where I can edit/add this information to be able to use it for the Structure Labels?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs