Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/ Import Pipe Networks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ChrisDawsonACT
797 Views, 3 Replies

Export/ Import Pipe Networks

I am trying to get on top the best way to import/export pipe networks (for analysis). I am current looking into export/import between C3D and SSA. My results suggest I am doing something wrong. Can anyone advise me on a white paper or some other explainations as to how to do it correctly? At the moment if I do a straight Export from C3D to SSA, then Export out SSA the same data but as a different file name I get different data back, pipes and structure sizes etc. How is this possible if I have nit amended any data in SSA. I am sure I am missing something. Any help appreciated.

Regards, Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: ChrisDawsonACT

I have done very little with SSA but perhaps this link will be of some help:

http://bimontherocks.typepad.com/my_weblog/water-resources/

Bill

Message 3 of 4

Chris -

What version of C3D are you using? 2012+ offered a new import setting that uses the Part Family ID to preserve the round-trip data.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

OK Matt

You have given me reason to get on my soapbox again.

If "Posters" would give specifications and info similar to what is shown below my name, answers could be quicker and better.

Please note that above right on this page "My Settings" can be filled out and it will be displayed automatically on all subsequent posts.

Thanks,

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report