Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Codes Not Working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
419 Views, 3 Replies

Design Codes Not Working

Running a stormwater network in storm sewers extension 2010, and the design codes are not working.

I have set the minimum pipe size to 300mm and the maximum to 2400mm.  Min / max slope, velocity and minimum cover of 1.20m.

Anytime I run the network, for analysis or full design, it doesn't follow the parameters at all.  It has pipes sticking up at ground level, pipes below the minimum pipe size and not correct velocity.  And even when it does run, the HGL is all over the place......meters above the pipe.

It has happening on four different networks in 2010.  The design codes are just not sticking at all.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this?   Please help! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am overcoming the problem by running the network in Imperial units.  It is working fine in imperial (even though it was created in metric)  and then at the end when the results are finalized converting it back to metric. 

Anytime i run it metric, it doesn't work...........not sure why.....

Message 3 of 4
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post the file or open a service request ticket with Autodesk?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Good news is the problem is fixed.

Civil 3d 2011 storm sewers was installed and the network runs perfectly in storm sewers 2011 metric.

So I'm thinking there was something wrong with the installation of 2010 storm sewers that caused the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report