Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivated fiels in SSA's Analysis Options and Subbasin Physical Properties

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JCG1316
502 Views, 2 Replies

Deactivated fiels in SSA's Analysis Options and Subbasin Physical Properties

Does anyone know why the "Time steps" fields in the Analysis Options and the "Impervious/Pervious area" fields in the Subbasins Physical properties Dialog boxes are deactivated/grayed out after the first execution of an SSA model?

What if I decide that the Time steps and or the Impervious area of a subbasin need to be adjusted after the model is executed? What then? Would I have to re-enter the entire model again? This seems counter-intuitive, and it defeats the purpose of putting a model together in the first place.

Thank you all in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: JCG1316

Hi,

In SSA, the routing time steps and "Impervious/Pervious area" fields in the Subbasins Physical properties Dialog boxes are deactivated/grayed out by default if Rational, Modified Rational and DeKalb Rational Methods are used as the Hydrology method.

The program uses 10 seconds as the default routing time steps. The code is written so that a range of Tc values would determine the time step.

The Impervious/Pervious area fields are grayed out and instead Runoff Coeffiecient fields will be activated, since these parameters are not used in Rational methods, they will be activated once you select other hydrology methods such as EPA SWMM and SCS methods that require the impervious and pervious criterias.

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 3
JCG1316
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much! That is very helpful, and of course, it makes perfect sense!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report