Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 - Is there a separate install for SSA?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wdbar
650 Views, 4 Replies

2013 - Is there a separate install for SSA?

I get the following message when I try to access it from the menu.

"EditInSSA cannot be used because the optional feature is not installed on this machine"

When I look to modify a deployment I cannot find the option to add SSA.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: wdbar

From Brian Hailey's Blog:

http://civil3dplus.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/install-tip-want-everything-civil-3d-2013/

Look at the first picture.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
pmcatnip

Thanks for the link.  I just tried a local reinstall of Map 3D 2012 and couldn't find a check box for SSA anywhere.  It's supposed to be the same in Map & Civil.  Any thoughts?  Would that part be done during the network install or the local install?

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.
Message 4 of 5
wdbar
in reply to: pmcatnip

So that link explains how to install a stand alone but can you create a deployment with the SSA install set up?  If I'm installing Civil 3D from a deployment how would I add SSA or Sub-Assembly Composer?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 5
pmcatnip

Found another link with pictures of the installation.  I'm amazed that with so many people using SSA the installation info is this difficult to find.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/civil-3d-2013-where-is-storm-sanitary-analysis-su...

Dell Optiplex 360, Intel Core 2 Duo CUP, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 3.00 GB RAM. Win XP Pro 32 bit. ACAD Map 3D 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report