Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom results in multiple undo commands

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
kevinsbane
4416 Views, 12 Replies

zoom results in multiple undo commands

I am using Civil 3D 2013, Windows 7 x64.

Intellizoom does not seem to work properly on certain drawings, where if I undo... nothing happens. Rather, it tries to undo *each* click of my scroll wheel, without doing anything. This results in dozens and hundreds of undo commands, most of which are totally useless. This of course breaks my undo command, rendering it almost pointless. If I make a change, zoom out and decide that the change is not needed, I cannot easily undo; I have to undo something like 50 "commands" that do nothing, before I get to the "real" undo that I wanted to undo in the first place.

I understand there is the "Combine zoom and pan commands"; this is checked off. It does not seem to do anything. How do I make my undo command useful again? As a keyboard user, I want to use ctrl-z for my undos. I do not want to go to the undo button, pull down the menu, and search trhough the 50 commands to find the correct command to undo to, especially since I never had this problem before in previous versions of Civil 3D.

Some additional information:

1. I can open some other drawings that get the correct undo/zoom behaviour.

2. I can open the drawing I have problems with using a previous version of Civil 3d (2012), and get the correct undo/zoom behaviour.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
wfberry
in reply to: kevinsbane

Perhaps a definition of "Intellizoom" would be a good start.

Bill

Message 3 of 13
kevinsbane
in reply to: wfberry

I have no idea what it means other than that it's what shows up under the undo pulldown tab when I try to undo a (mousescroll) zoom command. If you try a mousescroll zoom and check that, it should show up.

Message 4 of 13
wfberry

Just guessing here.  You must have some sort of mouse software working that may not be acceptable to the normal Civil 3D functions.

Bill

Message 5 of 13
kevinsbane
in reply to: wfberry

I have had a Thinkpad Trackpoint USB keyboard hooked up to this system in the past, but I have confirmed that neither that keyboard nor the associated software (or drivers) is currently running.

Also, when I open a different drawing using Civil 3D 2013, or when I use Civil 3D 2012 with my current drawing (which obviously I can't work with), I do not see this behaviour.

Message 6 of 13

We are experiencing the same issues.  The only mouse software we have installed is the drivers that are installed by windows when you plug in a mouse.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 7 of 13
AllenJessup

Type UNDO and make sure AUTO is On.

UNDO Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes, Layer = Yes Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back]

Not sure if this will help. But it's the only thing I've found in the Undo command that might have an affect.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
kevinsbane
in reply to: AllenJessup

I tried checking the undo settings and unfortunately it does not seem to do anything to change the undo behaviour.

Message 9 of 13
bratti

I have the same problem and its annoying as h... please Autodesk do something about this. Judging by other post on this forum, this has been a problem for at least two years.  My experience is that the problem increases the longer I work on the drawing.

Message 10 of 13
kevinsbane
in reply to: bratti

It seems to be some sort of interaction with dense hatches. If you either delete or "dedensify" hatches, you will again be able to undo properly.

Message 11 of 13
ScottT

We've now got this problem appearing on 2 machines, both sporadically.  It is a recent issue and has only come in, we think after installing 2013 service packs. 

In addition as soon as you use the mouse wheel to zoom/pan when selecting a plot window when plotting from model space the whole system locks in a loop and you have to restart.

A third item is on one of the machines, when using the mouse wheel to zoom/pan it some times sticks in pan or zoom, or does a zoom extents all of a sudden, normally when you do both press teh mouse well and roll it at the same time.

These three items are all very frustrating and may or may not be linked, has AutoDesk found a resolution to any of these?

The machines are all both HP models, CAD authorised with standard HP mice, updated drivers,etc.

The combine zoom & pan button is checked.

Message 12 of 13
nloder
in reply to: ScottT

I have the same problem.   We have to hold down CTL-Z or run the UNDO command hundreds of times to undo a command that occured just a minute ago.  Yet another bug in C3D 2013.  Any fixes?

Message 13 of 13
ScottT
in reply to: nloder

After much looking no fixes found.  We've upgraded one of the problem machines to 2014 subscription and that particular problem doesn't seem to be happening.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report