Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom extents...someting off in space

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
cadman33619
31493 Views, 24 Replies

zoom extents...someting off in space

hi all

when i zoom extents, my dwg gets very small and hids in a corner...as if there is something else on the page way off in space. i've tried to find it but theres nothing visible. everything is thawed/on and there are no wipeout frames. i tried to Erase All...then deselect my drawing...but still nothing.

what can it be?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
jtshumpert
in reply to: cadman33619

Start a new drawing and copy and paste the data you want into the new one.

You probable have a point somewhere. zoom to 0,0 and check in that area too.

JTS
Message 3 of 25
neilyj666

Do you have any AutoCAD points in the drawing ?- DDPTYPE and set the style and size to check

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 25
cadman33619
in reply to: neilyj666

checked the points...i'm good there. it has to be something else. thinking about trying

jtshumpert's method. but that'll take a while because i have lots of tabs. same problem in each tab. i checked my border reference...that looks good and i cant find any isues there that may be causing this. it cant be my drawing/base reference because thats in model space. 

i'm stumped 
Message 5 of 25
jtshumpert

You could always just save a view for the area you are working in and not zoom ext.

JTS
Message 6 of 25
cadman33619
in reply to: jtshumpert

i could...but others will be working on my dwgs at some point. and i'm sure they will zoom ext....and i'm sure they won't have nice things to say if i dont fix the problem. (not that i care about what they say...they're some sloppy-****, useless drafters)

Message 7 of 25
Jeff_M

I'd be happy to have a look at the drawing if you'd like. miff AT sonic DOT net

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 25
sadkuh

Do you happen to have a large radial dimension?  Anytime I dimension a radius, it makes a little dot and if I erase the dot, the dimension erases.

Message 9 of 25
cadman33619
in reply to: sadkuh

no radial dims that i can find. i didnt start the dwgs...someone else did. but i'll double check to be sure.

i may do that, Jeff...let me try the dims

Message 10 of 25
sadkuh

Another suggestion, you may also want to try _mapclean with the Zero Length Objects option and also the overkill command. Just select all then remove your entities you want to keep.  I'm curious what it is, please let me know what it was when the issue gets resolved. I've had similar issues in the past but I'm usually able to find the culprit after a bit.

Message 11 of 25
cadman33619
in reply to: sadkuh

tried them both....no luck. i think i did them the right way..never used those before.

Message 12 of 25
cadman33619
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff....gonna send you the dwg...hopefully you can find the problem with my zoom ext.

i appreciate the help

Message 13 of 25
cadman33619

many thanks to Jeff_M for solving the problem. Turned out to be a frozen layer (in the viewport). I had items way off in space on that frozen layer....i never realized it because i checked all layer...but not layers in the viewport.

Message 14 of 25

I had a similar problem, and found that I needed to toggle TFRAMES on -- someone had left a wipeout down in the corner that needed to be removed.

Message 15 of 25
wvhlbly

Thanks a ton... same problem as viewport (template) was copied from another drawing with objects way out.  Was driving me crazy. 

Message 16 of 25
bbanks9505

Also make sure you are"model" space. I had the same problem in Paper space

Message 17 of 25
ajgonzales

Hi Jeff M,

I'm having a similar issue. I checked my Layers in the Viewport according to the solution but I'm still having an issue.

Would you mind if I sent you my file to check it out? Let me know thanks.

Dr. Aaron Gonzales

Message 18 of 25
Jeff_M
in reply to: ajgonzales

Sure, I'll take a look at your drawing. Please send it to jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 19 of 25
ajgonzales

Jeff,

Somehow I was able to get it corrected. It's working fine now.

Thanks for your assistance anyhow!

Sincerely,

Dr. Aaron Gonzales
Message 20 of 25
sulique

Hi Aaron

I would like to know what the solution was to your problem. Would greatly appreciate it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report