Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom and pan cause sticky mouse c3d 2012

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
patrickk17
2650 Views, 15 Replies

zoom and pan cause sticky mouse c3d 2012

After zooming or paning in a drawing the mouse pauses or sticks for a second then the curor moves fine until the next pan or zoom.  Is there a setting to fix this? 

Happens on several machines in our office.

Windows 7 64

intel quad core q9300

8 gb ram

9800 gtx video

civil 3d 2012 64x

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
LyleHardin
in reply to: patrickk17

Check the toggle buttons at the bottom of the screen....

Check to make sure Selection Cycling is off. That'll bog things down. Turn Transparency off too.

Not sure if this is the problem, but it's what I would check first.

Lyle

Message 3 of 16
hgohel

patrickk17

I believe you may be running into this issue about layers/xrefs.  We have logged a defect about it.  Some suggestions have been posted by Sinc in that thread too, please try that out.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 16
klugb

Himanshu,

Can you expand on the know issues? I have noticed the issues with reconciling layers, but we have another file that has to have all the xref's detached (unload doesn't work) before the delay/lag goes away.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 16
patrickk17

We have "layerval" typical set to 1.  I opened a drawing with xrefs that had the sticky mouse issue.  Changing layereval to 1 or 0 made no difference even after reconciling all the layers.  The problem remained even if the xrefs were unloaded, however, if the xrefs were detached the problem went away.

Message 6 of 16
klugb

That sounds similar. Some files work good after reconciling layers some need to have the xref's detached.

ADSK- We have opened each file that is xref'd and Audit/purge/purge reg apps/reconciled and saved, so they are all good clean files.

As for the layereval 0 Vs. 1, it only needs to be turned on to see which layers need to be reconciled. With it off you don't see the list of layers in the dialog box.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 7 of 16
patrickk17

The hotfix

"autocad2012_performanceslowdown_hf_64bit"

fixed the problem.

Thanks Autodesk

Message 8 of 16
LyleHardin

Well,

It took me a while to find this hotfix....

Here's the link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17013122&linkID=9240698

Message 9 of 16
theminiguy
in reply to: LyleHardin

I have SP1 on my C3D 2012, and the version of the .dll files is current to the hotfix, yet i am still having the same issue?

~~Laptop~~
Quad Core 2.3GHz Intel, 64-Bit, Win 7
16GB Ram, 2GB Graphics Card
256GB SSD

~~AU2009 Speaker~~
CV314-5: AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Design Straight Out of the Box: Going Where the Design Wizards Can't Always Go .....
Message 10 of 16
hgohel
in reply to: theminiguy

Hi Paul,

Could you clarify if I am understanding your situation:

1. You had C3D2012 + AutoCAD performance hotfix installed to resolve the cursor stickiness problem being discussed in this thread.

2. You updated to C3D2012 SP1, and the problem re-started?

Thanks.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 16
LyleHardin

We've also noticed if you turn off running osnaps, it speeds things up in a busy Civil 3D drawing. This doesn't seem to be an issue with plain AutoCAD. I don't recall (on this particular user) if the .dll hot fix was applied or not. But, turning off the running Osnaps definitely sped things up (stopped the cursor jerks) even when a command was not active.

Message 12 of 16
bkanther
in reply to: LyleHardin

ADSK

Performance hotfix was installed. Stick Mouse was fixed.

SP1 installed sticky mouse is back!

Please help!!

Regards

Brad

Message 13 of 16
Jeff_M
in reply to: bkanther

Brad, see this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/2012-Hotfixes-not-included-in-C3D-SP1/m-p/3254638/hig...

But read all of the replies before you follow the directions....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 14 of 16
bkanther

To clarify this.

Sticky mouse (pan command stuck) only happens when inside a paperspace viewport.

More interestingly if the viewport is locked and sticky mouse occurs and I move my cursor out of the drawing display area it will move the viewports dispaly origin even though it is locked!!!!!!

Regards

Brad

Message 15 of 16
bkanther

Lol sorry Jeff jsut read your post.

Hilarious Thanks

Brad

Message 16 of 16
theminiguy
in reply to: hgohel

Himanshu,

I had previously only applied SP1, i then did all the HOTFIXes as per this post, but as you see there are issues with this also:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/2012-Hotfixes-not-included-in-C3D-SP1/m-p/3255278/hig...

~~Laptop~~
Quad Core 2.3GHz Intel, 64-Bit, Win 7
16GB Ram, 2GB Graphics Card
256GB SSD

~~AU2009 Speaker~~
CV314-5: AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Design Straight Out of the Box: Going Where the Design Wizards Can't Always Go .....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report