Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref label style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rwatson654
1038 Views, 3 Replies

xref label style

if a label style is xrefd into a dwg, does that dwg need to have a datashort cut setup to show the lable correctly?  if not how can i have the label show the same in the xref as the parent dwg.  attached is what I'm getting without a data shortcut.

Civil 3D, 2009

Win 7 Enterprise 64bit

8 GB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rwatson654
in reply to: rwatson654

Apparently the Arrowhead has to be changed within the dimension style to appear as the Arrow Head Style set in the Label Style Composer.  Autodesk, I think this needs to be improved.  What happens if multiple terminator styles are required?

Thanks to Matthew  for the post that solved my issue. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/xref-dragged-labels/m-p/2353881#M88421

Message 3 of 4
Grimes_MG
in reply to: rwatson654

There is a definite need to fix this "issue".

The label/text being XRef'ed should be shown as it is displayed and set in the original file by the style. The drawing that is XRef'ing the file with the text/label should not override the styles of the XRef; unless of course, Autodesk provides that option during the attachment/overlay process -perhaps as a feature on the next release as a radio button on the Reference Manager dialog box?

AutoCAD's handling of a label style should act the same way as surface styles do. If a user XRef's a drawing that contains a surface that shows contours based on a style defined within that file, the file referencing the original file doesn't override the style and show them differently, it displays the surface as it is defined and displayed in the original file.

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 4 of 4
RobertMansson
in reply to: Grimes_MG

I completely agree.

It makes no sense that the master drawing's label text style would override the xref'd drawings styles - as the workflow is to finish up the appearance in the original drawing and then xref into a drawing definition for plotting.

Imagine placing your labels nicely between objects in your drawing and then having the style (size, color, lineweights, etc) change by the drawing definition template just before plotting. I guarantee it will mess up your deliveries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report