Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref box not working

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
DHiggins1
614 Views, 20 Replies

xref box not working

Hello can any one help

i type in xr and the box shows up but when i go to attach a dwg or image the box usually shows up so i can browse through and find the dwg i want to xref but the box doesnt show up all it says at the bottom in the command line is ATTACH

If i use the command classicxref then everything is fine i can attach anything i want. i checked the filedia and it is set to (1)

does anyone have any ideas on what could fix it?

Thanks

~Delayne

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
clemay
in reply to: DHiggins1

Silly question, but did you try and viewing the file through a new drawing or open the file to see if it will let you open the file from a new drawing.  Once you have established the files are not corrupt, then you can click on the "Saved Path" line and you will see the pick box with the 3 dots to the right and you can click that and reestablish your path for the file. 

Good Luck!  It seems to me that its file related and once you establish your files are good, then you can just rebuild them and reference as needed. 

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report