Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will not save workspace settings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1431 Views, 4 Replies

will not save workspace settings

I use civil3D 2008 & now have an unexpected problem where the workspace profile settings will not save so that each time I start the program I have to reset everything, even when I open the program a dialogue box opens asking which workspace I want from a list, I select my saved workspace then tick don’t show me this again & then another dialogue box comes up asking me if I want to see the new feature workshop with options of yes, maybe later or No, don’t show me this again, I tick the No, do not show me this again, then the workspace opens up with the performance tuner box in the right hand bottom corner which I have to close, then I have to reset settings in tools/ options to my liking even though my workspace is the current default, the paths are correct & the main civil.CUI file updates each time I shut down the program. However each time I relaunch I have to go through all this again, can anyone help?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
civman_daar
in reply to: Anonymous

In options, under profile tab, check which named profile you are using. Either rename or create a new one with a different name. Once you have done this and your UI is the way you want it, export the profile (*.arg) to the root directory of Civil 3D 2008. Then right click the icon you use to launch C3C 2008 and in the target area replace "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008\acad.exe" /p "Your Profile.arg" with the name of of your profile that you created. Make sure that the "Your profile.arg" is in parenthesis after the /p switch. Now everytime you launch C3D 2008 with that icon your UI will be the same.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

did as you suggested but still no difference, Acad still launches as though I've just installed it for the first time asking which workspace I want, do I want to see new features & workspace settings back to default settings again, I did as you said changing Civil2008 profile to andy & exporting to "C:\Program Files\Civil 3D 2008 & changing target to "C:\Program Files\Civil 3D 2008\acad.exe" /p "andy" although I now notice its made another civil2008 profile along side the andy one?
Message 4 of 5

Currently reloaded C3D 2013. Did this very thing 3 times while creating a new profile each time. This is not working per these instructions.

Is there a different idea? I had this problem early with C3D 2013 and it resolved itself, most likely after an SP upgrade. I've now loaded all the latest SP and Hotfix files offered. Everytime the program is closed, the profile closes all the toolbars that were opened before shut down and the newly created *.arg file needs to be reloaded.

This drives me crazy and makes me go: ARGH!Cat Mad 

Hoping there's help out there. Thank you.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
johnthoreson

This problem occurred for me after uninstalling and reinstalling 2015 C3D (and then installing SP3).  First time I've seen this issue.  I ran a repair (had to unistall .NET 4.6 and install 4.5) and now C3D is saving workspace settings.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report