Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning and pop up messages

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
MonkeyTrainer
1969 Views, 12 Replies

warning and pop up messages

anyone know the shortkey to turn off the warning and pop up messages? for instance, "one object has been changed to a frozen or turned off layer".

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

EXPERT 1 will get rid of that specific message. Others may require a higher setting.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 13
tcorey

Set Expert to 1.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 13
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: Jeff_M

ok, that worked.

how about the funny little message "the selected definition items will be permanently removed from the surface!", when i delete a surface boundary. first, i know that i am deleting something from the surface. secondly, i love the fact the programmer put an exclamation point in there!!!   !!!  !   !      !...

Message 5 of 13
Jeff_M

Those are C3D specific warnings and I don't think they were programmed to respect the Expert sysvar. I know of no way to supress those messages. 

EESignature
Message 6 of 13
MonkeyTrainer

yeah that sounds right though, it would be nice to wash away some of these warnings. i know why they exist, but its frustrating a lot of the time. 

thanks

Message 7 of 13
EricStiles

What about moving the message someplace else?  They are always in the way!  You move your mouse over to select something, like from your sheetset list, and you pause one little bit and bam a popup message appears now you can't see the rest of the list.  Talk about slowing down production.

Message 8 of 13
rkmcswain

@Jeff_M wrote:

EXPERT 1 will get rid of that specific message. Others may require a higher setting.

Unfortunately, this does not work in current versions. Someone broke it at some point and it's never been fixed.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:
@Jeff_M wrote:

Unfortunately, this does not work in current versions. Someone broke it at some point and it's never been fixed.

I just tested this in C3D 2018 & 2020 and it works as it should.

EESignature
Message 10 of 13
rkmcswain

@Jeff_M wrote:

I just tested this in C3D 2018 & 2020 and it works as it should.

@Jeff_M - it works if you use the layer dropdown in the layers toolbar or the CHPROP command. But if you use the layer dropdown in the ribbon, or the properties palette, then the value of EXPERT is ignored and the dialog is presented to the user.

pl0y5n5-2.png

Message 11 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the clarification, @rkmcswain I never use the Layer dropdown on the Ribbon and rarely change the layer with the Properties palette. Now I know.

EESignature
Message 12 of 13
rkmcswain

@Jeff_M - evidently there are multiple programming teams on this and they are not communicating.

Message 13 of 13

@MonkeyTrainer wrote:

yeah that sounds right though, it would be nice to wash away some of these warnings. i know why they exist, but its frustrating a lot of the time. 

thanks

And..... 7 years later they keep proving they don't care about our annoyances. All they want is us to switch to Bricscad. Their most insane and timewasting product (Vault) will soon be replaced by BIM360 and after that the big exodus can begin!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report