AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (1,259 Views)
Accepted Solution

viewport zoom window snap

1259 Views, 1 Replies
06-06-2011 08:57 AM

Hello all.  I just switched over from AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 to 2011, and of course am having trouble getting everything set up the way I like it.  I usually create a square in model space around what I want to show in the viewport.  Then I go to paperspace and do a "zoom window" in the paper space viewport and snap the zoom window to the corners of the square.  CAD 2011 doesn't seem to let me do this.  I'm pretty sure it is a SETVAR issue, anyone know of the variable that needs to be set to allow me to do this again?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.  If my question isn't clear, please ask and I'll try to explain it better.

Chris

Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (1,247 Views)

Re: viewport zoom window snap

06-06-2011 02:02 PM in reply to: witster23

OK, I got it.  I was also unable to snap to anything when plotting in paperspace using the window to delineate what I wanted to plot. 

If you are having this problem, the variable OSNAPCOORD needs to be set to 0.  This can be done by typing

SETVAR OSNAPCOORD 0

I did this and it still took awhile to "take".  I fiddled around with typing "INT" before delineatining my window, then started using F3 as the shortcut.  All of a sudden it started doing it on it's own. 

Chris

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs