Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewframe groups and creating multiple double plan view sheets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lissaucad
1666 Views, 3 Replies

viewframe groups and creating multiple double plan view sheets

He folks.  I new to using the view frame groups we do allot of double plan view 11x17 sheets using an alignment on top of MrSid aerial drawings. It is very time consuming to setup the viewports along the alignment doing the old fashion method of copying the page setup and sliding the model space along the alignment for the next sheet.  I understand the plan profile and cross section methods of creating multiple sheets and how the viewframe group works for those type of sheets.  I'm just not sure how to create a dwt template for one plan view on top of another plan on the same sheet with to viewports.  I know I'm not the only person that creates road cl double planviews when your not concerned about a profile.  I hope my question isn't too confusing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: lissaucad

A workaround solution I have used for this is to let the software generate just one plan view per sheet which is for instance the top half of the sheets you would like to create.    We also use the one layout per drawing format.

rename the drawings created from drawings 1 and 2 to 1 and 1a.  3 and 4 to 2 and 2a etc....

then xref 1a into 1 and put 1a in the bottom viewport of drawing 1.

by doing things this way each drawing can be opened and remain at the original coordinates, and every other sheet contains all the info necessary for the sheets you want to create.   Depending on how many sheets you will end up with this process can be very time efficient compare to doing this without the plan production tools.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 4
tcorey

Are you using Sheet Set Manager?

If so, create a polyline that represents your viewport size in inches times drawing scale. Copy and rotate the polyline to represent all the views you need along your alignment/SID image.

Use the attached Lisp routine to create model views. It allows you to assign a view name prefix and starting number, then go along to each polyline, select lower left, lower right, upper left. The routine then creates a model view using those clipping limits.

After all that, you can just drag-n-drop the model views onto your sheets using Sheet Set Manager.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
lissaucad

Thanks for all of your posts.  I will have to try your suggestions and lisp routines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report