Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view frame display

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Joe-Bouza
3544 Views, 9 Replies

view frame display

Its not unusual to show a key plan with view frames. I understand they are hard coded not to display. Anyone have a quick work around?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
oz333mex
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

If you are referring to turning the frames on/off the command is:

"IMAGEFRAME" Set value to 0 for off.

"IMAGEFRAME" Set value to 1 for on.

Message 3 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: oz333mex

No. I refer to "View frames" created for plan production sheets. But thanks.

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Jeff_M

These are just placed on a NoPlot layer, change it to a plotting layer?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Dang! we did that and they did'nt show. must be some nesting in the style. Thanks Jeff.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
hgohel

For the key frame view:

Create a “Key View Frame” VF style (for example with a thick border) and assign it to the view frame that is covered in the current sheet.  You may want to “bring to front” the view frame that is highlighted. If you want to hide the other VFs – either you can create a “No display” or modify the existing VF style and turn off the border display.

You will also have to change the layer setting of the VF (C-ANNO-VFRM by default) to plot because the default for that layer is no-plot.  Doing this has a side-effect that the VF border may be visible in all sheets.  If this is a problem, create a different layer to be used by the Key View Frame.

For this to work, it's you shuld have one sheet per drawing.  If you have multiple layouts per drawing, this technique would not work as the same VF would be highlighted on each sheet which may not be what you want.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: hgohel

Thanks we will give that a try

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
PaolaVaras

The simple slution is to select the Viewport, right click for properties and under Viewport type select "Undefined". After this your viewframes will display.

Paola

Message 9 of 10

Thank you!!!! This is the correct answer, who would have thought to go to the properties box of the viewport.  Much appreciated.  Just remember to regen after changing the setting, I thought it wasn't working until regen, then voila! there they were.

Message 10 of 10
SCarlson

If you have Civil 3D create the layouts for you, it defines the layouts as plan. Why would you want to go back to undefined from plan? I got mine to work by selecting undefined but I'm not clear on the "why" this happened. Thank you in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report