Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical curves hold k or length

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wang890
253 Views, 1 Reply

vertical curves hold k or length

i noticed when you put in vertical parabolic curves onto the profile tangents it will ask you if you want length or k.

however depend on which one you specify. it will hold on to that value when it comes to changeing the tangent locations. for what i am doing now i want k by default. but accidentally i put in length because i just went through all the pi's quickly to put in the curves. but i see no control which allows you to control which type to hold. this is a property inside the vertical curve but it's not exposed to user. once you create by length that's it. until you delete the curve and re enter using k then it will hold k.

know what i am saying?

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wang890
in reply to: wang890

found one column in the profile entities pallete saying "constraint type desc" which tells k or length. but can't change. don't see why not. readonly in .net too.

oh well. guess i suck it up and reenter the curves. no big deal. didn't they do something in horizontal curve which now you can choose free or fixed? don't see why not for vertical.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report