Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault check-in reminder

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rebecca Ferguson
235 Views, 4 Replies

vault check-in reminder

We are having difficulty with staff members in other branch offices forgetting to check-in drawings when they leave for the day, so the staff in the other offices that need to work on the drawing cannot obtain the latest version. Is there a way to setup an auto reminder upon closing to remind that person that they have the drawing checked out and they may want to check it back in?

Thanks!

Rebecca
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

We are still trying to solve this problem. I am a novice when it comes to writing code. I found the following code online, for word documents. Not sure how to customize this for AutoCAD.

Private Sub Document_Close()
MsgBox "Do you need to check this drawing into the vault?"
End Sub
Message 3 of 5
jwedding
in reply to: Rebecca Ferguson

Version? 2008 includes that very functionality.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
The Site: www.eng-eff.com
The Blog: www.civil3d.com
The Book: www.masteringcivil3d.com
C3D SP2 Mac Book Pro, XP SP2, 3GB
Message 4 of 5

Hi James,

Thanks so much for your reply. We are running 2008 and after reading you post I polled our users and discovered that some people are getting the reminder message and some are not. Those who are not swear to me that they did not mess with the frequency settings. How do I get the message to work on these computers?
Message 5 of 5

I think we figured it out. For those of you who ay have the same problem:

right click on "Projects" (in Toolspace) and select "Manage Prompts"…Make sure the "Close File" command has "Yes" in the Response column

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report