Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating a surface in civil 3d that was created by importing LDD TIN lines

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wbrustle
1331 Views, 5 Replies

updating a surface in civil 3d that was created by importing LDD TIN lines

I created a surface in 2013 for an old project by importing a TIN from LDD, which worked fine, but the survey crew recently went back to the same site and did an update (asbuilt) with updated elevations. A good portion of the survey is still accurate and has not changed, but there was an area of new construction. My question is what is the best way to remove the old TIN lines (that are actually still connecting some old, incorrect survey points) and incorporate the new elevations that will now reflect new TIN lines in certain areas. Basically, I need to get rid of some old TIN lines and  replace with new and updated survey. The surface in LDD used a point group, which was fine then, but now some of those points in that point group are incorrect.

thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DaveM
in reply to: wbrustle

I would create a seperate surface using the asbuilt data. Then create an aditional new surface and paste the original surface first, followed by the new asbuilt surface. if you would like further instruction, let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: DaveM

ok I will try that, but I never really pasted two surfaces together. Not quite sure how to do that.

Message 4 of 6
DaveM

On the prospector expand your surface all the way to definition. Near the bottom of defintion there is an option for edits, right click and select the option paste surface. A list of surfaces in the drawing will pop up choose the surface you would like to paste. The order that you paste the surface matter. The second surface pasted will over ride any of the information on the first surface pasted.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 5 of 6
wbrustle

thank you so much. It did exactly what I wanted it to do! Thank goodness for these forums

Message 6 of 6
DaveM

No Problem

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report