Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unhandled access violation reading 0x0000 exception at 8f177a15h

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mat369
660 Views, 4 Replies

unhandled access violation reading 0x0000 exception at 8f177a15h

when I open Civil3D 2015 by clicking a specific drawing or by using the Civil shortcut on my desktop, the program starts (I see the 'get started', 'recent documents', 'connect', ...) but I immediately get a autocad error aborting: FATAL ERROR: unhandled access violation reading 0x0000 exception at 8f177a15h Smiley Sad

when i click 'ok', Civil closes down and a Error Report appears

autocad 2015 works fine however

any ideas?

thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
andram
in reply to: mat369

I'm having the same -- or at least similar -- issue.

Message 3 of 5
schroeder.a
in reply to: andram

Same thing here. No solution found yet. Tried repairing installation - no joy.
Message 4 of 5
bryan
in reply to: mat369

Try clearing out your %temp% files.
Message 5 of 5
andram
in reply to: bryan

I found a work-around, although it's a bit involved.

I figured it has to be something with the new Startup screen since that's the point it kept kicking me out.

So I used System Restore back to a point where I know Civil 3D worked just fine. After that I changed STARTUP from 3 to 1 which loads the old Startup dialog box. I haven't had any issues since -- although the day is still young . . . If I run into the same problem again, I will let you know.

It's likely not the best solution, so hopefully someone can come up with something better.

EDIT: Something else to try: In looking through older threads, someone mentioned having to upgrade their graphics drivers when their Civil 3D kept crashing on loading. Something else to consider if you don't want to use System Restore. If it works, let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report