Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off magenta circles (Point Codes) in assembly?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
MaryBell1
3378 Views, 8 Replies

How to turn off magenta circles (Point Codes) in assembly?

assembly How do I turn off the magenta circles in my assembly. I found it once and can't seem to find it again..... see attachment.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: MaryBell1

Select the assembly, Right click and select edit assembly style.

Go to the Display tab and turn off the insertion point.

You might want to consider keeping the circle and making it smaller on the Marker tab. Note here the 'Component' dropdown list. You have setting for all of the markers/points.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I'm way off. I thought you meant on the assembly not the subassemblies.

I would bet that is the Standard style marker you are using. Either edit that to be smaller (Settings tab of panorama, Multipurpose styles, Markers), or change the drawing scale, or edit the Code Set Style.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
MaryBell1
in reply to: jmayo-EE

OH sorry, yes its the sub assembly. and I tried your suggestion earlier and it did not turn them off or affect them in any way.
Message 5 of 9
dklebosky

I was able to make them small enough to effectively disappear following these steps.

Toolspace --> Settings --> General --> Multipurpose Styles --> Marker Syles --> Standard

You will need to change the "Standard" Marker Styles size to a smaller size so it doesn't show up in the cross sections.  You will probably need to play around with the setting to see what works best for them.

Hope this helps

Message 6 of 9
ArthurADas

Try this

Hover your point mouse on the magenta circle that u want it to go away and wait till a rectangle tag shows up, u are looking what is in front of Point Codes. Keep it in your mind the name showing.

Next, go to Assembly Properties > Codes > On the right side of the Selected Code set style go for Edit current Selection

There you expand the "Point" option. Here you are going to look for the name that u saw when you hovered your mouse on the Circle. Now go to the Column named Style and match the Column and row of the Point Code name that u saw previously. Look for the icon right next to the name, click on it, go for Edit current selection, Display tab and turn off the Lamp that is ON just clicking on it. 

Message 7 of 9
tcorey

Edit your Code Set Style. These markers are Point Codes, not Links, as you ask in your post title. Links are the lines that connect points.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 8 of 9
Ahmed..Helal
in reply to: dklebosky

That worked for me, thank you.
Message 9 of 9
fcernst
in reply to: dklebosky

Those are featurelines.. need to change to No Display code set style for Section View

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report