Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trueview took over file association

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jakubm
829 Views, 2 Replies

trueview took over file association

DWG TrueView has taken over file associations for my dwg and dwt files. For dwts under recommended programs there were two, DWG TrueView Application and AutoCAD Application, so simply switched it to CAD and its fixed.

For dwg files the default is AutoCAD DWG Launcher. AutoCAD Application is not in the list. I select acad.exe under the 2010 Civil 3d folder, and it's still at AutoCAD DWG Launcher and TrueView opens the drawings. How can I fix this? I haven't even used TrueView recently so I'm guessing someone else jumped on my computer at the office.

thanks,
-jakub
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mainstreetdetails
in reply to: jakubm

Jakub,

I am having the same issue.  Were you able to identify a resolution?  Thanks for your time.

Message 3 of 3
GTVic
in reply to: mainstreetdetails

I believe the DWG launcher should be the primary association. It gets updated for each release and keeps track of all valid autodesk products on your machine. So if you run AutoCAD 2009 and then close it and then double-click a DWG file, it should open it with AutoCAD 2009. Then if you use Civil 3D 2011, the next time you open a DWG file it will use Civil 3D 2011. It should probably prioritize AutoCAD over TrueView even if TrueView was used last but I'm not sure on that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report