Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trackman marble mouse realtime zoom setup

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
lissaucad
7700 Views, 8 Replies

trackman marble mouse realtime zoom setup

Does anyone know how to correctly configure a Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse? Due to issues and pains in my wrists after doing CAD for 20 years, I decided to try a Logitech TrackMan Marble Mouse. It's the Logitech mouse that has the roller marble in the middle that can be used with either hand. The thumb driven Logitech marble mouse didn't work for me and caused even more pain. Everything seems to work great except that I don't seem to be able to do he combined realtime pan/zoom that I could with the standard or even the thumb driven logitech marble mouse. Though a regular mouse is so easy with me, I have to do what I have to do to get my work done and not have the pain.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
lissaucad
in reply to: lissaucad

Please see attached screen print of the Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse.
Message 3 of 9
flynnp

I have the same mouse set-up on my machine. I have the Smaller (forward and back buttons) setup for "Cruise up" and "Cruise down" so that they become "zoom-in" and "Zoom-out" buttons. I then set the dual button click (the left and right click at the same time) to be the middle mouse button, so that it pans when you move the ball.
Message 4 of 9
Avera737

I realize this post is over a year old, but I was hoping someone could explain how to do this customization. I recently purchased a Logitech Trackman Marble and would like to be able to pan (realtime) and zoom. The setup described by flynnp sounds ideal although I would open to other suggestions. I'm not a novice when it comes to the CUI, but a little extra detail in the steps would be appreciated.
Message 5 of 9
ranliker
in reply to: flynnp

"I then set the dual button click (the left and right click at the same time) to be the middle mouse button, so..."

Can someone clarify this for me, please?  I'm trying to get pan with my Logitech Trackman and AutoCAD LT 2010.

thank you.

-bob
Message 6 of 9
JulienMillet7288
in reply to: ranliker

in 2011, noboby get the answer

how can we use the thackman for zoom in autocad?

Message 7 of 9
nicolejenn

Try holding the alt key then moving the ball, should work

Message 8 of 9
episcopo

I am reading this because I have half an answer.  I bought this mouse because it's affordable, picked it up at Office Depot and I am left-handed (my only option).  Also looking for exact instructions for programming the buttons for pan and scroll, without having to hold Shift/Ctrl/Alt at the same time.  Here's what I've done so far:

1. Download Logitech's Set Point software (www.logitech .com) The package made absolutely no mention of this, but should!

2. This is what I've tried (I suppose I need to keep experimenting):

Right Click: Swap buttons (checked)

Right Click:  Swap buttons (checked)

Left scroll up: Other (right click)

Right scroll up:  Universal Scroll (I have also tried AutoScroll)

Trackman Buttons.JPG

So far, this has resulted in my little left button performing Pan, but zoom still requires holding Shift & Ctrl while clicking.  Which is way too much work.  Will keep hunting for a solution (I know there must be one!)

Message 9 of 9
episcopo
in reply to: episcopo

For the life of me I can't figure out how to edit the response above.  I did also try the following (works well, but still not enjoying this new mouse experience): 

Right Click: Swap buttons (checked)

Right Click:  Swap buttons (checked)

Left scroll up: Other (Keystroke Assignments) (Hold down CTRL & SHIFT) (This is my Zoom button while clicking and rolling ball.

Right scroll up:  Middle (This is my Pan button)

Trackman Buttons.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report