Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool palette dock and closed

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
MonkeyTrainer
3828 Views, 12 Replies

tool palette dock and closed

i am getting a message when i click on something from my tool palette saying that it does not display when it is docked and closed. how do i undo this so i can use objects from the tool palette. how do i "unlock" it? see image.

thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
AllenJessup
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

CTRL + F3 should open the toolpallet. Then you can undock it if you want.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: AllenJessup

unLOCK. it doesnt matter if its DOCKED or not

thanks.

Message 4 of 13
AllenJessup

Sorry. Should be CTRL + F1 for the Properties Pallet. Or select an entity, rt click and select properties from the menu.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
MonkeyTrainer

ok, maybe im not being clear enough. the objects on my tool palette are locked. thats it.

thanks for posting.

Message 6 of 13
AllenJessup

After rereading your post and the attached error. I'm thinking that the something you're click on in the toolpalette is a subassembly or other item that has properties editable in the Properties palette. So you need to open your Properties window.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
MonkeyTrainer

ok, there is nothing editable in the properties box referring to an object being lockable.

Message 8 of 13
AllenJessup

Or I'm being dense today. I don't know how to Lock a toolpalette so I can't say how to Unlock it. At this point my best guess is that you need to open your Properties Palette.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
MonkeyTrainer

do you know how to do that besides CTRL + F1? we changed our script for the f1 key.

Message 10 of 13
AllenJessup

We keep crossing our post. So your latest invalidates my latest. From reading the error message that was the best I could come up with.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 11 of 13

nevermind...

Message 12 of 13
AllenJessup

I docked my toolpalette and closed it. I then selected something from the drawing, did a right click and selected Properties from the right click menu. The Properties Palette opened. See if that works for you.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
MonkeyTrainer

fyi: i am working with corridor object off the palette. found out what it is. when i click on something off of the tool palette, the properties box is suppossed to automatically open; rightfully so, to edit the objects. mine doesnt open when i choose something off the palette. is there an (weird) option/toggle somewhere that will auto. open the prop. box?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report