Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the little green rotate dot for points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
paulgalli5397
468 Views, 3 Replies

the little green rotate dot for points

Does anyone know how to get the little green rotate circle back in C3D 2012 and 2013? 

When you click on a point in 2011 (at least my setup), there is a little green circle that pops up that I can click on and rotate the point around.  In 2012, I have to click on the point, then right click on it, then select rotate label, only then can I rotate the thing.

Thanks

C3D - 2014, Sincpac Addon
Land Surveyor
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: paulgalli5397

Hover over the grips, you will be given the options to rotate.10-16-2012 8-14-20 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
ystillman

this isn't working for me.  I'm in C3D 2012.  when i set up my point styles in 2011, it worked like you suggest with hovering but now it's not.  any advise, do i have a setting off??

I will go back to using blocks if it can't be solved... since i have to manually edit the label rotation in the properties and play with the degrees to get it at the angle desired... not cool that it's taking longer.  I spend quite a bit of time setting up these styles for them not to work.

Much appreciation!!

Yvonne

Yvonne
www.PowerCAD.net
C3D ver 2012
Win 7, 64bit
Message 4 of 4
ystillman

FYI: i found it on another group discussion....  Whew, i thought i was losing my mind 🙂

alfred.neswadba

*Expert Elite*
Betreff: ***Help*** Lost Rotate Point Grips
09-29-2011 01:27 PM in reply to: dvikse

Hi,

they are not globally lost and not stolen :smileywink:

They come up if you use the new "multifunctional grips" as they are designed. Click a Civil-point so it is gripped, then place your cursor over one of the cyan-grips and wait for about half a second (without do any more click) ==> wow, you get a popup with the possibilities to modify the object.

And now the bad news:

For AutoCAD-geometry objects you can turn off the new functionality by modifying the sysvar GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL, you can decide to use the new method (for a lot of objects) or not.

The bad news are: Civil-objects ignore the setting of the sysvar (at least it looks like it does at the moment/on my current pc), so you have to activate GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL or you are not able to rotate anyway. So set it to 3 and have the way now to decide what to rotate, symbol or symbol+text.

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yvonne
www.PowerCAD.net
C3D ver 2012
Win 7, 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report