Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text in blocks styles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lambertb
176 Views, 3 Replies

text in blocks styles

I can't find information for how a block's text is utilized in a style. Here are some details. I have a unitless block with a non annotative text size of 10. This block is part of a style with a size 'use drawing scale' of .12. At 40 scale, it inserts at 4.8 size. If I change the text size to 8 it inserts at 4.8. If I hcange the text size to 5, it inserts at 3.

My question is how are the annotation scale, block text size, and style insert size tied together? OR are there other variables influencing the scaling? I have attached a screen shot of some of my unofficial 7-23-2013 8-05-56 AM.pngtests.

C3D 2022 and 2024
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgordon
in reply to: lambertb

there are many posts on this subject. simply put the whole block is scaled as one object. the outside of the block is scaled to the height specified in the style.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 4
lambertb
in reply to: dgordon

When you say outside of block, does tha mean greatest height? I have text and a shape. When I change the circle radius in the block, the radius in the model stays the same with the same annotation scale.

Also it must use the outside, which would be the diameter?, to scale therefore 20*.12=2.4 is the diameter as the circle is the biggest part of the block.

Any best practices for block creation to be used in styles?

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 4 of 4
Ajilal.Vijayan
in reply to: lambertb

Try with a text style that is not annotative inside the block.

Create a new text style and set its annotative tick to OFF.

Then use that text style inside your block and and make only your block as annotative.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report