Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text doesn't show up in paperspace

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
brow931
29387 Views, 8 Replies

text doesn't show up in paperspace

I am having trouble with getting certain pieces of text to show up in my viewport in paperspace. There is text and linework on the same layer. However, only the linework shows up in paperspace, not the text. I have seen this before and don't remember how to fix it. It is a setting somewhere but I don't remember where.

Scott
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: brow931

any chance it's a metric drawing?

wrote in message news:6335963@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am having trouble with getting certain pieces of text to show up in my
viewport in paperspace. There is text and linework on the same layer.
However, only the linework shows up in paperspace, not the text. I have seen
this before and don't remember how to fix it. It is a setting somewhere but
I don't remember where.

Scott
Message 3 of 9
brow931

No, not metric. It happened to me a couple of years ago and it was a setting on the text but I don't remember which setting because I have other text that works fine.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Is the text annotated?

wrote in message news:6335995@discussion.autodesk.com...
No, not metric. It happened to me a couple of years ago and it was a setting
on the text but I don't remember which setting because I have other text
that works fine.
Message 5 of 9
brow931

Yes it is. That was the problem. I didn't have the correct scale added for the annotation.
Message 6 of 9
thigbie

Thanks this helped me too. I had mtext not showing up in viewport and I had to change the property to Annotative=no.
Tim
Message 7 of 9
keithknifer

You don't need to set annotative to no. In the bottom right corner of your screen you'll see a scale symbol with a lightbulb. Turn that on and you'll see the text. Select all the annotative text you want to see in a particular viewport, right click and select "Add Current Scale". Then you can turn the Annotative Visibility (scale button with light bulb) back off if you want. If you have text you don't want to see in a viewport, select it, and select "Delete Current Scale" and it will no longer be visible in any viewport with that scale (as long as the Anno. Vis. is turned off). This lets you make each viewport look like you want without putting text on different layers and creating it in different sizes. You can also move the text in a viewport and it won't affect any viewports with different scales. It's very powerful, worth learning how to use it.
Message 8 of 9
jeremy.2012
in reply to: keithknifer

annoallvisible=1  worked for me.

Message 9 of 9
Roberm23
in reply to: jeremy.2012

Ily

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report