Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text alignment

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
anniesball72
5840 Views, 8 Replies

text alignment

I am using mvsetup -> Align -> Rotate View to rotate my view 45 deg. is it possible that my text in model space will re-align to the viewport in paperspace?

I annotate everything in model space. How do I get my text in model space to be at that particular viewports alignment?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

This suggestion may not apply to your current project, but, in the future, if you use C3D Notes as labels instead of mtext, these can be set to an orientation reference of 'View'.  Then they will rotate to your viewport.

HTH.

Message 3 of 9

Thanks, I'll look that up.

Message 4 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: anniesball72

Also, you might want to read up on Annotative Text. You can specify in your text style that the text be annotative and to Match Text Orientation to Layout. You can do this in AutoCAD or any vertical.

And as the previous answer stated, you can also use Civil 3D Note Labels to do the same thing.

One major difference is that annotative mtext (or other annotative objects) can be made to appear or disappear based solely on zoom scale within the viewport (like how street names appear when you zoom in to a particular level in Google Earth).

Additionally, annotative objects can be moved to different locations in viewports of different scale. For example, if you have a note in a 20 scale vp and a 40 scale vp, the 20 scale version can be moved without the 40 scale version moving. Civil 3D Note Labels will not behave in this manner. It's a wish list item for many of us, but Autodesk has not acted upon it yet. Maybe 2013? I doubt it, but we can hope!

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 9
anniesball72
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the information.

I'm having a little problem with this though.... I changed my text style to "match orientation to layout" and I'm not sure how to proceed.

I have a view port that I used nvsetup to rotate the viewport view. The UCS in this viewport was not rotated around the Z axis. So when editing this contents of this viewport the UCS is pointing 135 deg from 0 deg.

Or do I need to rotate the UCS inside of each viewport for the desired orientation of text?

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
anniesball72

Message 7 of 9
tcorey

Don't rotate the UCS, rotate the view using Dview command with Twist option. Leave the UCS at World.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 8 of 9
anniesball72
in reply to: tcorey

It only appears to work with mtext created through the view port after it was "twisted". There doesn't appear to be a way to get the existing text to turn. Is that the expected functionality?

My existing text is set to orient with layout option.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
anniesball72

Ok ok it works now. I had to regen and give it a second to update all changes.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report