Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

survey points

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lambertb
289 Views, 2 Replies

survey points

I am wondering if this is possible.

DTRE description key is $1 $2 $3

In survey I pick up a tree like this. PNT# NORTH EAST ELEV DTRE 8 OAK

If I forget to pick up the size, c3d scales the tree block by 1. Can I create if statements for example, if (size)  $2<=6, then scale the block by 6. If $2>6, then scale by $2

c3d 2012 and 2013

C3D 2022 and 2024
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: lambertb

No,  there are no expressions like that within description keys that I'm aware of. Using custom programing you might be able to achieve that.

So, the smallest you want your tree to be is scaled up by a factor of 6? I can't think of any way to achieve that using the out of the box options, sorry.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: lambertb

We show tree sizes every 2" dia and to achieve this we have a block with x" in then for both deciduous and coniferous trees from 2" to 40". Our surveyors have these all as separate codes.
Guessing your not looking to add that level of detail but you could have point styles for large, med. and small.
Then add a few extra entries in the desc. key set for. If required to pick up species that becomes a comment entry in our workflow.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report