AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
jmatte2004
Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)
Accepted Solution

survey database coordinates off

227 Views, 3 Replies
02-23-2012 10:01 AM

i have a point file specifically a PNEZD file. when i import points into the survey database the coordinate in the database is correct but the coordinate on the drawing tends to be 5 feet off one way and 1 foot off the other. When I import point through the points pull-down menu the coordinates are correctly shown. When I import point into survey database from drawing the coordinate is incorrect in the database but correct on screen. Any help about what might be going on here.

Thanks

jason

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

Re: survey database coordinates off

02-23-2012 10:54 AM in reply to: jmatte2004

Check to be sure you have set either International Feet or US Survey foot in both the Drawing Settings and the Survey Database Settings. Having one of these set to International and the other to US will cause a problem like what you describe.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Valued Contributor
jmatte2004
Message 3 of 4 (213 Views)

02-23-2012 11:33 AM in reply to: tcorey

thanks tcorey that was the problem. our templete drawing was set to international foot something i never thought about.

thanks again

jason

Valued Mentor
stacy.dunn
Message 4 of 4 (206 Views)

02-23-2012 11:56 AM in reply to: jmatte2004

You should also be aware that any transformation settings you have set to the drawing will be applied during an import from the database.

Stacy Dunn

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs