Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

survey database coordinates off

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jmatte2004
342 Views, 3 Replies

survey database coordinates off

i have a point file specifically a PNEZD file. when i import points into the survey database the coordinate in the database is correct but the coordinate on the drawing tends to be 5 feet off one way and 1 foot off the other. When I import point through the points pull-down menu the coordinates are correctly shown. When I import point into survey database from drawing the coordinate is incorrect in the database but correct on screen. Any help about what might be going on here.

Thanks

jason

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: jmatte2004

Check to be sure you have set either International Feet or US Survey foot in both the Drawing Settings and the Survey Database Settings. Having one of these set to International and the other to US will cause a problem like what you describe.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
jmatte2004
in reply to: tcorey

thanks tcorey that was the problem. our templete drawing was set to international foot something i never thought about.

thanks again

jason

Message 4 of 4
stacy.dunn
in reply to: jmatte2004

You should also be aware that any transformation settings you have set to the drawing will be applied during an import from the database.

Stacy Dunn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report