Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surface slope labels - dragged state not drag - TC/BC/Reveal

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
annw2
1550 Views, 8 Replies

surface slope labels - dragged state not drag - TC/BC/Reveal

I am trying to fix an existing problem by having a variable curb height and want to label top of curb, bottom of curb, and curb reveal. 

I copied a surface slope label and started with just the reveal.  I have the text attached to the feature and give it two points to label.  I try to drag the label where it can be read, but instead it drags the end points (data points).

How do I get the text only to drag and leave the data points on the curb?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: annw2

Use a spot elevation label. Slope labels cannot be dragged.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 9
annw2
in reply to: Jeff_M

Spot elevations don't lablel the difference. ? Why in the world wouldn't Autodesk allow the slope label not to be dragged? ? I could use that to label TC lines all the time.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 4 of 9
Joe-Bouza

You could also profile the TC and BC ans show incriments in a data band, but that probably wont do.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 9
annw2
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

It would work for some functions, but not my use of labeling TC, BC, and reveal.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 6 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Maybe.

You could draw FL at label locations by snapping to bc tc.  Your FL style would be Dynamic to vertical changes.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 9
annw2

I thought of that after the reply that talked about expressions in the labels. 

Once I fgure out how to do that, I should be all set.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 8 of 9
chris_brenton

What makes me laugh is there is settings for drag state in slope labels settings. I agree that this needs to be added to the software. We'd like to use this at my company to compare top of wall & bottom of wall elevations in one label. The slope label allows users to write expressions to Point 1 elevation & Point 2 elevations. So we could like one label that would show, TW=__,TRW=___,BW=___, TF=____ in a dragged state leader.
Message 9 of 9
kcimos
in reply to: chris_brenton

The trick of this is to create trillions of label style with minute variations in the x & y offsets & rotation of the text. Then keep on selecting different ones until it fits. Then if other things move, all you have to do is cycle through all of your trillions fo styles until you fit another that fits into the new arrangement.

easy

as

pi.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report