Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surface does not dispaly when i open the drawing

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
aluko0719
3001 Views, 22 Replies

surface does not dispaly when i open the drawing

i have a surface that is data linked into a drawing. the surface displays good in paper and model space. when i save and close out of the drawing and get back into the drawing the surface no longer displays. in toolspace, surface, the surface is listed. when i synchronize the surface it displays again, but when i save, close, and reopen it is not there again. i have no clue why it is doing this. there are 10 drawings in this project and it is doing this for 8 of them. other jobs are fine. i have tried using different computers and i get the same results (tried on 5 different computers).

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
brad_unruh
in reply to: dseatter

In our case the surface doesn't only not display but there is no data as a result profiles do not show up that are taken from those surfaces. I have investigated Level of Detail and that does not solve the issue here. I received a reply from Autodesk today that this is a known issue since 2013 SP1.

[Happy 50th Anniversary!]
Visit
50 Acts!
Brad Unruh
CAD Coordinator

Direct: 479-878-2466 | Fax: 479-631-6224 | Mobile: 479-619-9883
901 N. 47th Street, Suite 200 | Rogers, AR 72756 | www.craftontull.com

Anticipating needs. Providing solutions.

Disclaimer
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. Thank you, we appreciate your cooperation.
Message 22 of 23
dseatter
in reply to: brad_unruh

Ouch! sorry I couldn't help. That's way over my head.

Good Luck!

Dave Seatter, PLS
C3D 2013 SP1
Win 7 x64 Pro SP1 - 12.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon W3530@2.8 GHz - ATI FirePro 4800
Dell T3500
Message 23 of 23
mlehmanK7G3Q
in reply to: aluko0719

Yeah, official support is basically useless

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report