Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surface data from trimble real works software

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mvilla724
858 Views, 2 Replies

surface data from trimble real works software

an outfit scanned a job for our company, i am able to bring in point cloud data, looks great, all 7 million points. they are trying to export a surface model (tin) of this scan job from trimble real works software. is this possible? i believe the autodesk person, cynthia ...., said in the subsciption package video that C3D can not produce surfaces from point cloud data, is there any packages that can? point clouds look great, but being able to manipulate a surface would be better. Please advise.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mvilla724

Civil 3d 2011 has the ability to create a Civil 3d surface from that
point cloud.

2010 can only display it.

Matthew Anderson, PE

On 5/13/2010 10:11 AM, mvilla724 wrote:
> an outfit scanned a job for our company, i am able to bring in point cloud data, looks great, all 7 million points. they are trying to export a surface model (tin) of this scan job from trimble real works software. is this possible? i believe the autodesk person, cynthia ...., said in the subsciption package video that C3D can not produce surfaces from point cloud data, is there any packages that can? point clouds look great, but being able to manipulate a surface would be better. Please advise.
>
Message 3 of 3
mvilla724
in reply to: mvilla724

Matt, thank you for the reply. we have a subscription so i can install 2011; is there a tutorial for creating the surface from this point cloud? any help would be much appreciated. this is our first venture into the point cloud/scanner world. again, thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report