Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subassembly composer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
fayforum
484 Views, 5 Replies

subassembly composer

Hello

i need a help recently i try to practice on SAC and i have problem i want to know how to add shape only for the exterior area 

i want only the area in yellow color and the red one be empty

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
klugb
in reply to: fayforum

I don't think it's possible. I was trying to use Aux links to try and define it without success.

It would be nice to be able to subtract one shape from another. You can define the inner shape and overall shape, but not the difference. S3=S2-S1

Maybe Peter Or Kati might has some suggestions.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: fayforum

You need 2 links, one on top of the other connecting the inside set of links to the outside set of links to make the "donut" one continuous set of links instead of two sets of links. 

Hope this makes sense without a graphic. If it doesn't let me know and I can sketch up something for you. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 4 of 6
klugb
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Thanks Kati,

In this case I created L9 & L10 to get from the inner to the outer boundary. I'm not sure the original poster is going to want those links to show. Is there any way in SAC to not show them? I tried Auxiliary links already.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: klugb

Yes, sadly you will need them to be links and not auxiliary links. I typically just put them in a central location to make them look like they are 'supposed' to be there. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 6 of 6
sboon
in reply to: klugb

You should be able to apply different codes to those links than the rest of the links in the sub.  That way you can use code sets in C3D to make them not display.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report